Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Kids I Teach

As you may or may not know, I co-teach 6th grade at an Islamic school and run the art and computer program for the entire school (Grades K-8, about 70 students total). This is the best job I've even had. I'm not talking about how much I get paid, because let me tell you, its not much... I'm talking about the rewards I feel when I'm there.

The kids in the school are great. There are a few that cause a bit of trouble now and then, but it is nothing compared to what happens in public school. These kids are all brothers and sisters in Islam, and when there are issues or problems between students they are dealt with Islamically and everyone involved comes out a better person having learned a lesson that will carry them through life. These kids know how to give each other naseeha! They advise each other in a polite way and share what they learn everyday. Best of all they eager to learn how to please Allah.

1 comment:

Malekat_el7oriya said...

Alsalamou ALaikom,
Wow! that seems really great, and the kids seem so mature! :)